Taco chicken salad that is what we are making today. A healthy and delicious salad!
This recipe will show you why this 10 minute taco chicken salad is the best. Are you ready to learn how to make this taco chicken salad? Let’s get started!
If you have visited the Tortilla channel before you know how much I love salads and that I eat them at least three to four times a week.
Salads are so easy to make with lots of nutrition. You might say that salads are boring but in this post, I will show you that the opposite is true.
Take a look further down this post to see even more delicious salad recipes. So why is this recipe the best you might ask?
Well this taco chicken salad is the best because it is a great combination of:
- a super protein source
- lean ingredients
- low carbs
- made with the best homemade taco seasoning you ever tried
- easy to make
The result of this recipe depends for the most part on your taco seasoning. That is why I advise to make it yourself that way you control the taste.
Homemade taco seasoning taste way better than anything in a package, so give it a try. You can make the taco chicken with a skillet but you can also put the chicken in the oven.
This will take double the cooking time. You have to preheat the oven to 450℉/225℃ cut the chicken breast in half, then prepare the chicken the same way as mentioned below.
Bake for 20 minutes and you are good to go. Make sure you cut the chicken breast in half that way it will cook even faster.
Chicken is one of the fastest meats you can cook, fry or bake and this recipe is proof of that. You can eat this salad for lunch but it is big enough to eat for dinner as well.
Taco chicken salad ingredients
To make this low carb salad you need the following ingredients:
- Chicken breast
- Pam cooking spray
- Taco seasoning
- Plum tomatoes
- Red onion
To let this salad taste even better use this lemon mustard dressing and give this salad a great bite.
You need the following ingredients for this dressing:
- Olive oil
- Mayonnaise or yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
How to make taco chicken salad
The star of this is the taco chicken and the salad. To make taco chicken is really easy. Take a chicken breast and spray with cooking spray.
Rub the spray on the chicken. If you like olive oil better feel free to rub some olive oil on the chicken breast.
Then sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken breast. I use this home made taco seasoning recipe which is made in under a minute and so flavorful.
Give it a try you will love it, promise. Now preheat a skillet and add some cooking spray.
Bake your taco chicken breast for about 5 to 7 minutes and turn regularly on medium heat. Then set aside and let it rest.
Make the dressing
While the chicken breast is in the skillet you can make the dressing. This is really the 30 second salad dressing it is so fast it is done in no time.
It is also sugar-free and with the lemon a little sour. So how do you make this dressing?
Put olive oil in a bowl and add mustard, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Stir well with a spoon before you add salt and pepper to taste.
Build your salad
Start with the lettuce and put it in a big bowl. I use a lettuce mix but you can also use iceberg lettuce as the base.
Then drizzle half of the dressing on the lettuce. Dice the pickle in small cubes and distribute on the lettuce. Finely slice the red onion and put o the salad.
Now it is time to cut the plum tomatoes in four and put on top of the lettuce. Slice the avocado in thin slices and put them on top of the salad.
Finally cut the taco chicken in thin slices as well and put it on top the salad as well. Drizzle the remaining dressing on the salad and you are ready to serve this taco chicken salad.
More salad ingredient options
Want to change it up and add more ingredients here a number of options that you can add:
- Eggs – a hard boiled egg is a great addition to your salad
- Mushrooms – pan fried mushrooms either sliced or halved is a great addition to your salad
- Bacon – on a Keto diet you can eat bacon so oven baked bacon is a great ingredient for your salad
- Bell pepper – you can use bell peppers raw or cooked both are a great addition to your salad
- Cashew nuts – nuts are the ideal addition to a salad and cashew nuts are great to add. However, you can also use walnuts of pistachio nuts
Other salad recipes
Like I mentioned above there are a lot of salad recipes on the Tortilla Channel. If you enjoyed this recipe then I’m sure you will love these salads as well:
- Low carb tuna salad – Looking for more low carb salad recipes try this tuna salad
- Amazing majestic caesar salad – the classic amongst salad this caesar salad with tortilla
- Avocado tomato salad – super easy salad with a bite
- Peanut salsa summer salad – a Mexican salad with peanut salsa
See how to make taco chicken salad
Want to see how you can make taco chicken salad? Watch the video instruction below to follow along:
Have fun with this taco chicken salad recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This taco chicken salad is a great low carb salad recipe with the best taco seasoning for your chicken. Fits perfect in a keto diet. Done in 10 minutes.
- 1 bag of mixed salad
- 100 gram chicken breast
- ½ avocado
- ½ red onion sliced
- 4 plum cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1 pickle diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- Rub cooking spray on the chicken. Then sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken breast
- Pre heat a skillet and add some cooking spray. Bake your taco chicken breast for about 5 to 7 minutes and turn regularly on medium heat. Then set aside and let it rest
- For the dressing put olive oil in a bowl and add mustard, mayonaise and lemon juice. Stir well with a spoon before you add salt and pepper to taste
- Build salad and start with the lettuce and put it in a big bowl. Drizzle half of the dressing on the lettuce. Add the diced pickle
- Put the plum tomatoes, red onion and sliced avocado on top of the lettuce
- Finally cut the taco chicken in thin slices as well and put it on top the salad as well
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on the salad and you are ready to serve this taco chicken salad
Calories: 249; Fat: 16.2g; Carbs: 10g; Protein: 14.2g;