How to make the best taco lasagna not just any lasagna but maybe the world’s best lasagna. That is what we are sharing here today.
It is an easy lasagna recipe made with tortillas. Ready to learn how to make the best taco lasagna recipe? Let’s get started!
This is such an easy recipe. Because it contains flour tortillas it is only fitting to bake it in a skillet. It has a perfect size and what I like about a skillet is that it gets really hot.
You really need a super hot pan for this recipe. Because the cheese has to melt and the beef stew and lasagna sheet have to become one.
If you do not own a skillet you can make it in oven dish from glass or nonstick. Just make sure it can handle some heat
This recipe needs the best taco seasoning that you can easily make yourself. It adds some spice and flavor to your recipes and in this recipe especially.
Taco lasagna ingredients
To make the best taco lasagna you need a number of ingredients on your shopping list. Make certain you have these available:
- Lean ground beef
- Homemade taco seasoning
- Homemade pesto
- Hard cheese like mozzarella or Gouda cheese
How to make taco lasagna
To make this skillet lasagna we start out with a big skillet or cooking pan. Warm your skillet and brown your good quality lean ground beef in the skillet.
You do not need any oil or butter because ground beef contains a lot of fat so it will brown on its own. If you have a lot of excess fat drain it before you continue.
Finely dice bell pepper, onion, and minced garlic. Add it to the beef and pan fry so the vegetables go soft and translucent. Also finely dice the mushrooms and add these to the beef mixture. Stir for another couple of minutes.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the beef mixture and stir it through the beef. Now add the sofrito tomato sauce. Stir and cover the beef before adding the water.
Finally, add 2 tablespoons of homemade pesto and stir. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Preheat the oven at 450℉/225℃ and heat a cast iron skillet in the oven while it is heating. Then it is time to stack the lasagna.
Start with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the beef mixture and cover the skillet. Put a tortilla on top of the first layer of the beef mixture. Repeat these steps with the remaining two tortillas and the beef.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the last layer of beef and cover the skillet with tin foil. Bake the skillet in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Your taco lasagna is done. Serve immediately.
Tortillas alternatives to use in this taco lasagna
You can use flour tortillas but there are many alternatives that you can use e.g.:
- Corn tortillas – when you eat gluten-free use corn tortillas in this recipes as an alternative
- Yufka tortillas – a great alternative for flour tortillas
- Potato tortillas – the easiest roti flatbread tortillas are these potato tortillas. Great use in this recipe
- Moroccan flatbread – add some spices to your flatbread tortilla and use it in this taco lasagna
- Sweet potato tortillas – these sweet potato tortillas are a great alternative for regular tortillas
See how to make tortilla lasagna
Want to see how to make lasagna with tortillas? Take a look at the video below. This is a recipe for vegetarian lasagna to show you how it is done:
Have fun with this taco lasagna recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
The best taco lasagna an easy how to make Mexican dinner recipe made with tortillas, lean ground beef, vegetables and a skillet. Try it!
- 3 tortillas
- 200 grams of lean beef mince
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 mushrooms
- 300 ml sofrito
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 cup of water
- 1 - 2 cups of hard cheese like mozzarella or Gouda
- Take a big skillet and bake the ground beef until brown
- Then add the bell pepper, onion and minced garlic
- Finely dice the mushrooms
- Stir until soft and translucent
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the beef mixture
- Now add the sofrito and stir through the beef before adding the water.
- Finally add 2 tbsp of pesto and stir. Let is simmer for 5 minutes
- Pre heat the oven at 450℉/225℃ and heat a cast iron skillet while the oven is heating
- Then stack the lasagna. Start with 3 to 4 tablespoons of beef mixture and cover the skillet
- Put a tortilla on top of the beef mixture. Repeat with the remaining two tortillas and the beef
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the tortilla and cover with thin foil
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the thin foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately
Calories: 504; Fat: 27g; Carbs: 25g; Protein: 40g;