The taco pasta you want to make because it is the perfect combination of Italian and Mexican food.
You really want to give this recipe a try. It is so delicious and really easy to make. Ready to learn how you can make a taco pasta bake? Let’s get started!
If you love Italian and Mexican food than this recipe is for you because it combines pasta and taco ingredients.
It is actually a combination of tagliatelle and lasagna. The best of both worlds but better because it is also a one-pot recipe.
So you only have a few dishes and it is done in less than 30 minutes so all the more to make this on a busy weeknight.
I never really thought about using taco seasoning in something other than taco recipes.
But as I make my organic beef tacos similar to a bolognese sauce I thought why not use my taco seasoning in my beef ragout?
So I did and it worked. The same applies to lasagna sheets which are substituted for tagliatelle in this recipe.
Here you have a recipe with great taco flavored meat and tagliatelle. That looks and is cooked like lasagna only faster.
Taco pasta ingredients
You need a number of ingredients on your shopping list to make this pasta recipe but it is really worth it. You need:
- Lean ground beef
- Bell pepper
- Frito tomato sauce
- Taco seasoning
How to make taco pasta
Preheat a cast iron skillet and start by browning the ground beef. If your skillet works properly you do not need any oil or baking product.
There is enough fat in the meat to let it brown by itself. Even lean ground beef has enough fat.
Dice the bell pepper, onion and garlic and add to the beef. Stir until the onions and bell peppers are soft and translucent.
Then add 2 tablespoons of preferably homemade taco seasoning and stir it through the meat before adding some water.
Preheat the oven to 450℉/225℃. Then add the frito tomato sauce and the remaining water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Now add the tagliatelle and cover with the tomato sauce. Flip the tagliatelle nests and put in the oven for 16 minutes.
Turn the tagliatelle halfway through the cooking time. Take out of the oven and sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on top of the taco pasta bake.
Make ahead taco pasta
This taco pasta bake is a great recipe to make ahead. You can make it and keep it in the refrigerator for at least a day or two.
Make sure your skillet is covered with tin foil or aluminum foil. Put it in freezer contains and store in the freezer for about a month.
Thaw completely before putting it in the oven at 450℉/225℃ for at least 10-15 to warm it through.
Taco pasta variations
As you can see this is such an easy recipe and you can substitute your pasta to get a totally different result:
- Elbow pasta – to make a solid mac and cheese taco pasta grate the parmesan or mozzarella cheese when you put the skillet in the oven. Cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes and let the cheese go soft in the final 5 minutes.
- Lasagna sheets – you can make a proper lasagna with this recipe. Usually, it takes a little longer for lasagna sheets to go soft so leave it in the oven for another 5 minutes and check to see if the lasagna sheets are done. Top with some bechamel sauce.
- Penne – Penne pasta is a great substitute for tagliatelle. Add some hot sauce, jalapeno or chili peppers to this taco pasta for a nice kick.
See how you can make taco pasta
See how easy it is to make taco pasta yourself? Watch the instruction video below to follow along:
Have fun with your version of this taco pasta you want to make recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
The taco pasta you want to make because it is the perfect combination of Italian and Mexican. It is so delicious and ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 200 gram lean ground beef
- 7 tagliatelle nests
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 350 gram frito tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 450℉/225℃
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until browned. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic and stir until soft and translucent
- Add two tbsp of taco seasoning before adding the tomato sauce and water. Stir
- Put the tagliatelle in the meat sauce until it is covered with sauce
- Turn once and put in the ovenIn the oven for 16 minutes or until hot
- Sprinkle cheese on top
Calories: 458; Fat: 10.1g; Carbs: 54.8g; Protein: 37g;