This taco spaghetti recipe is the best! Super tasty and easy to make
The best combination of pasta and tacos results in the dish. This recipe is done in no time so great when you are in a rush or want to simple for the weekend. No matter what the occasion this recipe will be a hit. Ready to learn how to make taco spaghetti? Let’s get started!
If you have never tried this recipe you definitely should. Just take all of your favorite taco ingredients and marry them with pasta.
You will get the best taco spaghetti you ever tried. It is also very easy to make and ready in no time. So if you love Italian and Mexican food this recipe is for you.
Made with lots of fresh ingredients and you can easily add more of your favorite vegetables.
Taco spaghetti ingredients
To make this pasta dish you need a couple of items on your grocery list. Have the following ingredients ready:
- Spaghetti or tagliatelli
- Ground beef
- Roma tomatoes
- Sweet pepper
- Tomato puree
- Homemade taco seasoning
- Olive oil
How to make taco spaghetti
To make this recipe take a big skillet and preheat to medium-hot. Add the ground beef and cook until it is browned. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
The beef will crumble when browned than add the diced onion and sweet pepper. Stir the beef and veggies until the onion and peppers are soft and translucent.
Then add the mushrooms, minced garlic and keep on stirring. Now it is time to add two tablespoons of seasoning and the chopped Roma tomatoes.
Stir and let the beef mixture simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. The tomatoes will go soft as well. Now add two tablespoons tomato puree and stir.
In meanwhile bring a pot with water to the boil and add olive oil. Boil the spaghetti or tagliatelle in the hot water for 8-9 minutes.
Add half a cup of water to skillet. Then when the spaghetti is cooked drain the water and wash it with cold water.
Pour the spaghetti back into the skillet and cover it with the beef tomato sauce. Put on low heat and let the pasta warm through.
Decorate with scallions and sprinkle with your favorite cheese like mozzarella, gouda or pecorino. Serve immediately.
How to make a one-pot taco spaghetti
If you do not want to have more pots dirty you can make this recipe as a one pot. As the word describes all the ingredients that will go together in on skillet, Dutch oven or big pan.
Follow the recipe but instead of boiling the pasta separately add 2-3 cups of water to the pan. The put the pasta in and cover with the sauce.
Put on a medium simmer until the pasta is absorbing the sauce. This will take about 15 minutes. Keep on stirring through the taco beef and pasta.
The pasta absorbs the liquid. Leave it a bit longer so you get the pasta to bake in the pan.
Keep spaghetti from sticking
If you want to prevent your spaghetti or tagliatelle from sticking after it cooks all you need to do is add olive oil to the water before you cook it on medium to high heat.
The olive oil coats the pasta which is the best precaution to prevent it from sticking to each other.
If you want to know if the pasta is done you can throw it against the wall or fridge if it sticks the pasta is done.
Other pasta recipes
If you love this recipe you definitely have to take a look at these pasta recipes:
- Skillet pasta bake – easy one-pot recipe pasta in a skillet tastes amazing
- Taco lasagna – another great oven dish this taco recipe made with tortillas
- Creamy pasta with bacon – this recipe from our sister website is such a tasty and delicious recipe. Try it!
Have fun trying this easy pasta taco spaghetti recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for an easy and tasty taco spaghetti? Take a look at this quick and simple pasta recipe. On the table in no time.
- 400-gram spaghetti
- 200-gram ground beef
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 sweet pepper, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- 1 scallion sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Preheat skillet to medium-hot. Add the ground beef and cook until it is browned for approx. 5 minutes
- When brown add the diced onion and sweet pepper. Stir the beef and veggies until the onion and peppers are soft and translucent
- Then add the mushrooms, minced garlic and keep on stirring. Now add two tablespoons of taco seasoning and the diced Roma tomatoes
- Stir and let the beef mixture simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. The tomatoes will go soft as well. Add two tablespoons tomato puree and stir
- In meanwhile bring a pot with water to the boil and add olive oil. Boil the spaghetti or tagliatelle in the hot water for 8-9 minutes.
- Add half a cup of water to skillet. When the spaghetti is cooked drain the water and wash it with cold water
- Pour the spaghetti back into the skillet and cover it with the beef tomato sauce. Put on low heat and let the pasta warm through
- Decorate with scallions and sprinkle with your favorite cheese like mozzarella, gouda or pecorino. Serve immediately
Calories: 447; Fat: 10.5g; Carbs: 73g; Protein: 16g;