Tequila lime chicken is a delicious dinner recipe that you should try!
Made with the best marinade give it a rich and deep flavor. Never cooked with tequila? Then try it with this recipe because you will not be disappointed. Ready to learn how to make tequila lime chicken? Let’s get started!
Now that we made the best tequila lime marinade we have to apply it in a fast and easy recipe. Fast forward to this delicious chicken recipe.
You can make this recipe with chicken legs, chicken breast or chicken thighs. I prefer to make it with chicken thighs as they are a bit higher in fat and have more taste.
Do not worry about the tequila the amount is low and as the chicken cooks the alcohol will evaporate. What is left is a super-rich flavor on your chicken.
Do not like alcohol or tequila just omit it from the recipe and add water but you do not know what you are missing.
Tequila lime chicken ingredients
For this easy recipe, you need no more than 5 ingredients, that is all. Put the following items on your grocery shopping list:
- Chicken thighs
- Tequila lime marinade
How to make tequila lime chicken?
When you make a chicken recipe and use chicken thighs start with removing excess fat and skin. If you like the skin on your chicken you can keep it on.
Wash the chicken with cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper. Take a couple of slices of lime and rub it on your chicken.
Put the chicken in a big bowl and set aside.
Then take a small bowl and mix together the tequila lime marinade. Wisk the ingredients well before you pour it over the chicken thighs.
Let the chicken thighs marinate for at least 15 minutes but preferably for 1 hour. Store in the fridge while marinating.
If you want to marinate overnight that is fine. In all cases cover the chicken with cling film or put it in an airtight container so it can’t touch other items in the fridge.
Preheat a skillet to medium-hot. Pan-fry the chicken if you have skin on the chicken start with the skin-side down. Bake until light brown.
Turn and bake the other side. Reduce the heat, add ½ cup water and cover the pan with a lid or with foil.
Let the chicken simmer for another 15 minutes and turn the chicken occasionally. You are ready to serve.
Serve this chicken recipe with
This is a very versatile recipe and you can serve it a lot of dishes. Take a look at a couple of suggestions:
- Flour tortillas – make this chicken and turn into your own soft tacos. Add some lettuce, cherry tomato or sun-dried tomatoes, pinto beans and you have a great dinner
- Mexican fries – because who doesn’t love chicken and fries?
- Basmati rice – serve this chicken recipe with some fragrant rice like basmati or jasmine rice
- Mexican potatoes – chicken and potatoes go really well especially these Mexican potatoes
Can you make tequila chicken ahead?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe ahead of time. With a recipe like this, the flavors intensify when you make this in advance.
Make this recipe up to 2 days in advance.
Store this recipe
You can store this recipe in a number of way:
- Fridge – Keep it in the fridge if you expect to consume it within 1 or 2 days.
- Freezer – You can also store it in an airtight container and put in the freezer for up to 2 months
When you are ready to eat thaw completely in the fridge if the chicken is frozen. You can heat in a warm skillet or in the oven at 400℉ for 10 minutes or until warm.
Other delicious chicken recipes
If you love chicken recipes you have come to the right place because there are a lot of chicken recipes here:
- Slow cooker whole chicken
- Easy chicken tacos
- Chicken chimichurri
- Crockpot chicken chili
- Mexican chicken marinade
I hope you love this tequila lime chicken recipe as much as I do. Have fun making it!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a delicious chicken recipe? Try this super easy tequila lime chicken. It is super fast to make and super tasty with tequila.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime
- ½-1 cup water
- tequila lime marinade
- Remove excess fat from chicken. Wash with cold water and pat dry
- Take a bowl and whisk all the ingredients together. Pour the marinade on the chicken thighs. Stir to coat the thighs
- Marinate between 15 minutes to 1 hour
- Preheat a skillet to medium hot and pan-fry the chicken until lightly brown about 5 minutes. Turn over and pan-fry the other side as well for 5 minutes. Add water and let it get to the boil. Reduce heat and cover skillet with a lid or foil
- Simmer for another 15 minutes. Turn occasionally
When you leave the skin on the chicken thighs bake skin-side down first to melt the fat in the skin
Calories: 282; Fat: 10.9g; Carbs: 1.5g; Protein: 42.2g;