Thai green curry recipe that will make you happy because this recipe is done in no time.
It is vegan, contains lots and lots of vegetables and tastes amazing. Want to try this Thai green curry? Lets get started!
Of course, you can say curry is nothing more than a stew but I must admit that one curry is better than the other.
This curry is so delicious it will put a smile on your face. Yes, this curry will make you so happy. Why?
- First of all the ingredients in the recipe are green or almost green.
- Then we have a delicious green curry paste that is spicy but not extremely hot and tastes great with scallion pancakes.
Green curry is named after one of the three curry variations they have in Thai kitchen. They have red, yellow and green curry.
Curry mixes so well with any type of flatbread, tortilla or roti so check this recipe.
A really green version that is vegan and fresh and contains a lot of veggies.
Thai green curry ingredients
What do you need to make this Thai green curry? The following ingredients should be on your shopping list:
- Green curry paste
- Broccoli Stems
- Red onion
- White onion
- Green peas
- Coconut milk
- Vegetable oil
- Scallion pancakes or flatbread
How to make Thai green curry
Start with heating a skillet and add vegetable oil like sunflower oil or olive oil until hot. Pan fry the red onion, white onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
In this recipe, we use whole broccoli. First, cut the florets from the stem of the broccoli.
Then cut the stem of the broccoli into half and then cut it Julienne so you have thin slices of the broccoli stem.
As it takes longer for the stems to go soft start by adding the broccoli stems first.
Stir in the pan for a couple of minutes before adding the broccoli florets. The florets will not need as long as the stems and will go soft when the curry is simmering.
Then add the mushrooms and green peas. Now it is time to add the green curry paste. Add some water to let the curry paste dissolve.
Bring to the green curry to the boil and pour the coconut milk in the curry mix. Let the skillet simmer for 15 minutes and add water if the curry gets too thick.
Only pour in a couple of tablespoons at a time. You do not want a watery curry.
Warm the scallion pancakes in the oven for 8-10 minutes wrapped in aluminum foil at 400℉/200℃. Serve the Thai green curry in a bowl with Jasmin rice and scallion pancakes.
Other curry recipes
If you like this curry take a look at these other curry recipes. You will love them as well:
- Yellow chickpea curry – made with chickpeas and snow peas
- Lentil mushroom curry – This is a very delicious curry you will not miss any meat, in this recipe
- Spicy Thai red chicken curry – If you are vegan just leave out the chicken. Serve with Jasmin rice so delicious.
Flatbreads for curry
Besides scallion pancakes you can also eat this curry with the following flatbreads, tortilla or roti:
See how to make Thai green curry
Want to see how you can make Thai green curry that will make you happy? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun making this Thai green curry recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Thai green curry recipe that will make you happy. It is vegan, contains lots and lots of vegetables and tastes amazing. Easy dinner recipe for weeknights and the weekend.
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup of broccoli stems
- 5 large mushrooms
- 1 minced red onion
- 1 minced white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup green peas
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 Chinese scallion pancakes
- Heat a skillet and warm vegetable oil
- Pan fry the red onion, white onion and garlic until soft and translucent
- Then add the broccoli stems. Stir in the pan before adding the broccoli florets. When these florets are soft you can add the mushrooms and green peas
- Now it is time to add the green curry paste. Add some water to let the curry paste disolve
- Bring to the boil and pour the coconut milk in the curry
- Let the curry simmer for 15 minutes and add water when required
- Warm the scallion pancakes in the oven for 10 minutes wrapped in aluminium foil
- Serve in a bowl with Jasmin rice and scallion pancakes
Calories: 662; Fat: 55.2g; Carbs: 38.3g; Protein: 11.5g