Today is a special day because I am introducing the best hamburger. Why is this one so special? Because it is a tortilla burger!
All made from scratch so not only the hamburger but also the bread. While the dough is resting you can make the hamburger and tortilla bread. I promise you this is a great hamburger. So are you ready to learn how to make the best tortilla burger? Let’s get started!
I don’t know about you but when I eat a normal hamburger I am always wrestling with either the bread or the hamburger.
Either my bread disappears faster than my burger or half of my lettuce, sauce or tomato is falling out.
So I have made a tortilla burger that can easily be eaten with two hands and no food is falling out. You see, the tortilla bread has an oval shape and is wrapped around the burger.
The bread is soft and spiced with garlic and seasoned with salt and pepper. It is big enough to build your hamburger.
Tortilla burger ingredients
For this recipe, you need ingredients for the tortilla burger bread and the hamburger. You need the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Plain flour
- Ground beef
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Iceberg lettuce
- Hot ketchup
- Homemade potato chips
How to make a tortilla burger
No matter how crazy you make your tortilla burger it will always fit and else you have to make a little bigger bread.
The bread is made by hand like the soft vegan flatbread made with warm milk to dissolve the butter. Add the butter mixture to the flour plus the garlic and knead into an elastic dough by hand.
Let it rest for 30 minutes and cut into three pieces. Roll the dough in a long oval shape and bake for a couple of minutes in a dry pan no oil. Keep warm.
The hamburger is very simple but good meat doesn’t need a whole lot. Take some quality ground beef and add diced onion, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Shape into hamburger patties and grill on a barbecue, a grill pan or a cast iron skillet. Just a little oil and you can grill your hamburger.
Grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side depending on how thick your hamburger is. I like my hamburger well done but if you like it medium that is fine as well.
Stack up the hamburger and serve with some homemade potato chips. Now can you see why the best hamburger is a tortilla burger? Give it a try.
Customize your burger
Start with some finely sliced iceberg lettuce, then my burger, then some tomato, pickle and some hot ketchup.
But you can customize this burger all you want and add:
More hamburger recipes
If you love burgers than you take a look at these recipes as well:
- BBQ chicken wrap burger – a delicious recipe with a chicken burger and wrap
- Mexican burger – a great burger made with ground beef, a homemade taco seasoning and a variety of other ingredients
- Falafel burger – want to try something vegan than this falafel burger with pita taco is a great burger recipe
How to make the best tortilla burger
Want to know how to make the best tortilla burger? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun making this tortilla burger recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
The best ground beef and oval tortilla bread makes the best tortilla burger. Want to learn how you can make the best tortilla burger. Lets get started!
- 1 cups / 150 gram of plain flour (additional to flour the board for rolling the dough)
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 25 g butter
- 90 ml milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 g ground beef
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato,
- hot ketchup
- homemade potato chips
- Warm milk and melt butter. Do not boil the milk
- Combine flour, salt and minced garlic
- Add the milk mixture to the flour and knead the dough by hand for 5 minutes into an elastic dough
- Wrap in foil and let it rest for at least 20
- Cut in 3 pieces and roll into an oval shape. Heat a skillet and bake the bread a couple of minutes per side. Keep warm
- For the hamburger put the ground beef in a bowl and add the diced onion, minced garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Knead the ground beef by hand and shape into hamburger patties
- Heat a skillet and add the oil. Bake the hamburger
- Stack the hamburger start with the tortilla bread, iceberg lettuce, hamburger, tomato, pickle and hot ketchup
- Serve with some homemade potato chips
Calories: 516; Fat: 24.7g; Carbs: 46g; Protein: 27.2g