Looking for the fluffiest pancakes that will make you happy look no further.
This recipe is done in 20 minutes and I promise you weekend breakfast, brunch or kids party will never be the same. Want to learn how easy it is to make the fluffiest pancakes? Let’s get started!
I have shared a lot of pancake recipes with you already from sweet to savory from vegan to regular egg and dairy pancakes.
This pancake recipe will make you happy because it so easy it is to make from scratch and they are super delicious.
You will never have to buy pancake mix again. This pancake version is super cheap and very filling.
It has lots of options to customize and make everyone in your family happy.
You can make them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Now, who doesn’t get happy about that?
If you use just one skillet it will take you about 20 minutes from start to finish. Double the pans and you will be at the table in 10 minutes.
Which is good to know. Once you start your house will be infused with pancakes and everyone will come crawling out of their hiding place to eat.
The fluffiest pancakes ingredients
So what do you need to make the fluffiest pancakes ever? Surprisingly little I’m sure you will find most of these in your pantry and fridge:
- Wheat flour
- Milk (dairy-free or regular)
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
Word of warning, do not use baking soda for baking powder. It will affect the taste tremendously and not in a good way.
Baking soda requires an acidic component to activate like buttermilk, lemon, yogurt. Without this acidic component, it will leave a bitter taste.
So only use baking soda when you have a recipe with an acidic agent in it else use a baking powder like in this recipe.
Whereas baking powder is already a combination of baking soda, acidic agent and a rise component.
Baking soda is way stronger than baking powder so if you use 1 tsp of baking soda requires at least 3 tsp of baking powder.
How to make the fluffiest pancakes
Start with two bowls. Add the flour, salt and baking powder in one bowl and whisk through. Melt the butter in the microwave or in a pan.
In the second bowl whisk the egg, add the milk, vanilla extract and melted the butter. Whisk this through as well.
Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk it into a thick batter. Let it rest a couple of minutes while you heat a cast-iron skillet or non-stick frying pan.
I use a small non-stick as it easy to make the same shaped pancakes and it doesn’t take long for the pan to heat.
Heat the skillet to medium heat. Prevent the skillet from getting too hot. Else the outside will be done but your inside will be far from it.
Melt a little butter in the pan. Take ⅓ measuring cup and pour the batter in the pan. Use the measuring cup to divide the batter evenly in the pan.
It will take about a minute for the batter to cook. You will see bubbles in the batter as it goes a little dry.
Check regularly with a spatula to see if the pancake browns on the bottom. Flip the pancake and cook the other side of the pancake for 1 more minute.
Put on a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
If you want to adjust the flavor of your pancakes you can easily do that by adding the following to your batter:
- Blueberries – take about a cup full of blueberries and add these to the mix. You can slightly crush them before adding or keep them whole
- Raspberries – cut the raspberries into small pieces before adding them to the batter
- Pineapple – just like with the raspberries cut the pineapple into small pieces before adding it into the batter
- Nutella – drizzle some Nutella on the pancake when you poured the batter in the pan. Cover with a little more batter so the Nutella is stuffed inside
How to make these fluffy pancakes vegan
If you are vegan or lactose intolerant you can make this recipe work for you as well. Substitute the following:
- Milk – milk can be easily replaced with e.g. almond milk or oats milk
- Eggs – can be substituted for aquafaba (a liquid that you find in a can of chickpeas)
- Butter – you can substitute regular butter with vegan butter
More pancake recipes
Looking for more yummy pancakes you can make? Then take a look at these recipes too:
- Sweet Dutch baby pancake
- Vegan banana peanut butter pancake
- Easiest fluffy coconut flour pancakes
- Traditional Dutch pancakes
- Simple crepe recipe
Have fun with the fluffiest pancakes recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the fluffiest pancakes? This fluffy pancake recipe is done in 20 minutes. Great for weekend breakfast, brunch or kids party. Try it!
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 50 gram melted butter
- Put dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk
- Whisk the egg, add the milk, vanilla extract and melted the butter in a second bowl
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk it into a thick batter
- Let it rest a couple of minutes while you heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat. Melt a little butter in the pan
- Take ⅓ measuring cup and pour it into the pan. Use the measuring cup to divide the batter evenly in the pan
- Cook for about a minute. You will see bubbles in the batter as it goes a little dry. Check regularly with a spatula to see if the pancake browns on the bottom
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side of the pancake for 1 more minute
1. I use a small non-stick as it easy to make the same shaped pancakes and it doesn’t take long for the pan to heat. 2. Prevent the pan from getting to hot. Else the outside will be done but your inside will far from it.
Calories: 112; Fat: 7.9g; Carbs: 2.7g; Protein: 7.5g;