Tilapia fish tacos made with avocado paratha flatbread is an oven dish.
This is a super fast recipe and tastes amazing. It is easy to make and delicious. Ready to learn how you can make these tilapia fish tacos? Let’s get started!
This week I showed you how easy it is to make avocado paratha flatbread. These flatbreads go great as tacos with tilapia fish.
The fish is oven baked so limited fat and combined with a great bunch of vegetables and sauce. Fish tacos are healthy, light and easy to digest.
Together with the avocado flatbread a great dinner recipe that you may consider Tex-Mex. Want it spicier add some chili powder to the fish.
Fish contain a lot of protein and tilapia is no exceptions. It contains about more than 18 grams of protein and no more than 3 grams of fat.
So it is a lean fish. Tilapia is a firm fish and relatively cheap compared to e.g. cod filet.
The texture of tilapia fish is firm and has a great bite.
Tilapia fish tacos ingredients
To make tilapia fish tacos you need the following ingredients:
- Tilapia filet
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sweet soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Cumin powder
- Red cabbage
- White onion
- avocado paratha flatbread, tortilla or tacos
- Lemon juice
How to make tilapia fish tacos
Put the soy sauce in a cup and add the olive oil. Stir to combine before you add the cumin and garlic powder. Set aside.
Take a baking tray and line it with baking paper. Brush the tilapia filets on both sides with a coat of the soy sauce mixture and add the cherry tomato to the tray.
Preheat the oven at 420℉/200℃ and bake the tilapia filets for 18-20 minutes.
To make the Sriracha mayonnaise put mayo and Sriracha in a small mixing bowl. Stir the sauce well before adding the lemon and stir some more.
Finally, add water to make the sauce a little more fluid. Preheat a pan and in the meanwhile pan fry the onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
Cut the red cabbage in fine strips and set aside. Warm the avocado paratha flatbread in a skillet.
Now construct the taco and start with the paratha flatbread. Add some red cabbage and onion mix. Then add some of the Sriracha mayonnaise.
It is time to cut the fish in four and add two pieces on the taco. Some more Sriracha mayonnaise.
Decorate with a slice of lime and fresh parsley. Your tilapia fish tacos are ready to serve.
More taco recipes
I love tacos you are in the right place because are a lot of taco recipes on the blog:
- The best organic beef tacos
- Tender carnitas pork tacos
- Lamb kebab with chickpea tacos
- Veggie frenzy gluten-free tacos
- How to make crispy corn tacos
- Mini party tacos shrimp canapés
- Healthy fresh fish and cauliflower tacos
See how you can make Tilapia fish tacos
Want to see how you can make tilapia fish tacos? Watch the video instructions below:
Have fun with this tilapia fish tacos recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Tilapia fish tacos made with avocado paratha flatbread is an oven dish that is super fast recipe. It is easy to make and delicious. So lets get started!
- 2 tilapia filet
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 cups of grated red cabbage
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 avocado paratha flatbread
- Sauce ingredients:
- • 2 tbsp mayo
- • 1 tbsp Sriracha
- • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- • 2 tbsp of water
- Put the soy sauce in a cup and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir to combine and add the cumin and garlic powder
- Pre heat the oven at 420℉/200℃
- Put the tilapia filets on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Brush the tilapia filets with the soy sauce mixture. Add the cherry tomato to they tray. Bake the tilapia filets for 20 minutes until done
- Put the mayo and Sriracha in a bowl. Stir well and add the lemon juice and water. Stir again and set aside
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Pan fry the onions and garlic until soft and translucent
- Warm the avocado paratha flatbread in a skillet
- Now combine the taco and start with the flatbread, some cabbage and onion mix
- Then add some of the Sriracha mayonaise. Cut the fish in four and add two pieces on the taco
- Some more Sriracha mayonaise
Calories: 461; Fat: 24.7g; Carbs: 45.4g; Protein: 18.5g;