How to make frittata with tomato and feta in the oven. This recipe contains lots of fresh vegetables and eggs. This frittata is easy to make and so good you will want to make it again and again. Want to learn how to make frittata with tomato and feta? Lets get started!
This recipe is so good as it is not just an omelet it is a frittata. A thick layer of egg that looks like a Spanish tortilla but as it doesn’t contain potatoes a little different.
Frittata is originally an Italian recipe that was born out of poverty made with left over vegetables and pasta. This tomato feta version is the best because it has it all vegetables, cheese and some meat.
It takes you less than 20 minutes and you can make it ahead. Now tell me isn’t that just the best.
Tomato feta frittata ingredients
For this recipe your shopping list should contain at least the following frittata ingredients:
- White onion
- Red onion
- Bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make frittata with tomato and feta
To make frittata with tomato and feta you start this recipe with the eggs. Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk before you set them aside. Then pre heat a cast iron skillet that you need to sauté the vegetables.
The secret to the best tomato feta frittata is a cast iron skillet and a hot oven. It will cook in the oven so you need a pan that is heat resistant that is why a cast iron skillet is the ideal pan for this recipe.
Pre heat the oven at 400℉/200℃. In the meanwhile heat the skillet over high heat and put some oil into it. Pan fry the bell peppers, white and red onions until soft and translucent.
Then add the cherry tomatoes. Stir them through the pan until they are soft. Now it is time to include the salami and let is flavor the vegetables.
Lastly add the mushrooms and stir. Make sure the skillet is evenly covered with the vegetables when you pour the whisked eggs into the pan.
Let it set while you sprinkle the scallion on the frittata, the feta and grated cheese. Season it with salt and pepper.
Put the cast iron skillet in the oven and let it cook for 15-17 minutes or until all of the egg is dried and has puffed up.
Cut the frittata in 8 wedges and serve with some baguette or a fresh salad.
Frittata ingredient options
- Potato – turn it into an all vegetable version and exclude the salami and add some boiled sliced potatoes. Let it sauté before you add the egg
- Bacon – instead of salami you can add some oven baked bacon cut into small pieces
- More vegetables – add shredded carrot, zucchini or broccoli
- Pasta – have some leftover cold pasta just like with the original frittata you can add it in this recipe
See how to make frittata with tomato and feta
Want to see how to make frittata with tomato and feta? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun with this how to make frittata with tomato and feta recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN to Pinterest.
How to make frittata with tomato and feta in the oven. With lots of fresh vegetables and eggs. Want to learn how you can make this tomato feta frittata?
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 white onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 8 halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Feta cheese
- 1 diced scallion
- 2 tbsp of sliced salami
- ½ shredded cheese
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 400℉/200℃
- Heat a cast iron skillet. Sautee the bell peppers, white and red onions until soft and translucent. Then add the cherry tomatoes
- Include the salami and lastly add the mushrooms and stir
- Make sure the skillet is evenly covered with the vegetables when you pour the whisked eggs into the pan Let it the egg set and sprinkle the scallion, the feta and grated cheese on the frittata
- Season it with salt and pepper
- Put the cast iron skillet in the oven and let tomato feta frittata cook for 15-17 minutes or until all of the egg is dried and has puffed up
- Cut the frittata in 8 wedges and serve
Calories: 87; Fat: 3.8g; Carbs: 8.9g; Protein: 5.8g;