Tortilla hot dog wraps show you what more you can do with flour tortillas.
These tortilla hot dogs taste so delicious you will be wondering why you want to eat in with a bun ever again. They are done in a couple of minutes. Are you ready to learn how you can make a tortilla hot dog? Let’s get started!
We use to have only one type of hot dog you could buy but when I went shopping for hot dogs I got decision stress because there were just too many to choose from.
Small to large and from low fat to high fat. I decided to just pick the first can of the shelf and bought these small hot dogs.
With these sausages, we are making hot dogs but with a twist, because there is no bun in this recipe today but tortillas.
They are surprisingly easy to make and surprising delicious these great tortilla wraps.
Tortilla hot dog ingredients
To make this easy lunch snack you need just a couple of basic ingredients. Make sure you put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Small tortillas
- Hot dog sausages
- Olive oil for frying
How to make tortilla hot dog wraps
Start with the onions and slice them ultra thin and fry them in about a tablespoon of olive oil. Put them aside.
Then heat the pan to pan fry the tortillas on both sides. This will not take more than half a minute. Drain on kitchen paper.
Then pan fry the hot dog sausages until they warmed through. You can also choose to put them in warm water together with the Sauerkraut to let both warm.
Now it is time to plate up. First, take a tortilla and add two to three tablespoons of Sauerkraut and top it with the onion.
Then add some salad like rocket salad and put the hot dogs on top. Drizzle some ketchup and mustard on the hot dog and you are ready to serve.
More recipe options for tortilla hot dog wraps
If you want to make these wraps even better you can add:
- Bacon dog – you can wrap your hot dog in bacon and fry it in a pan
- Nacho dog – warm some beans and put that underneath your hot dog. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and finish with some crumbled nachos. In the oven for a couple of minutes or until the cheese has melted
- Healthy – Add some coleslaw to your hot dog made from white and red cabbage
- Homemade potato chips – just like the nacho dog you can add crunch to your tortilla wrap with homemade potato chips
- Roasted tomato salsa – this salsa make any dish taste better
- Guacamole – to make it a Mexican hot dog add this guacamole
See how you can make tortilla hot dog wraps
Want to see how you can make these tortilla hot dog wraps? Watch the instruction video with all the easy steps:
Have fun with this easy tortilla hot dog wraps recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a different kind of hot dog? If you love hot dog you need to try these. Easy to make and done in no time. This Tortilla hot dog is delicious.
- 3 small tortillas
- 3 hot dog or 6 small size hot dogs
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup of Sauerkraut
- 3 slices of pickle
- 1 cup of rucola salad
- Ketchup to taste
- Mustard to taste
- Heat oil in skillet and pan fry the onion until soft and transluscent
- Then fry the tortillas on both sides for about half a minute. Drain on kitchen paper
- Then pan fry the hot dogs in the skilled until warm
- Take a tortilla and put two to three tablespoons of Sauerkraut on it and top it with the onion
- Then add some salad like rucola and put the hot dogs on top. Drizzle some ketchup and mustard on the hot dog
- Ready to serve
You can also choose to put the hot dogs in warm water together with the Sauerkraut to let them warm instead of pan frying the hot dogs.
Calories: 214; Fat: 13.4g; Carbs: 17.1g; Protein: 7.2g;