Today we make an ultra-fast tuna wrap that is so tasty!
Just what you need when you need a fast lunch or dinner. Add all your favorite veggies and wrap it up. Are you ready to learn how to make tuna wrap? Let’s get started!
This is a different type of wrap this tuna doesn’t contain any mayonnaise or a tuna salad. No, this wrap is made with fresh sliced tuna.
The taste of the tuna and this wrap is much stronger than a tuna salad wrap. You do not need any salt in this recipe because the tuna is salty enough on its own.
I love how fast you can put these wraps together. You can make tortilla wraps from scratch or you can buy your tortilla wraps in the store.
When you make tortillas make a big batch and put them in the freezer so you always have tortillas when you need them.
They thaw in a couple of minutes or you can pop them in the microwave so they can defrost.
Sliced tuna wrap ingredients
To make these tuna tortilla wraps, you need about 5 ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- Flour tortillas
- Cream cheese
- Fresh sliced tuna
- Romaine lettuce or Iceberg lettuce
- Red onion
How to make sliced tuna wraps
To make this wrap recipe you start with a tortilla. Take a tortilla and spread cream cheese on it.
Then put 3-4 lettuce leaves on top of the cream cheese before you add half of the sliced tuna on top of the lettuce.
You can use fresh tuna and slice it in thin slices. You can buy smoked tuna or marinated tuna. As said this is not a salad recipe but fresh tuna.
Thinly slice the red onion and sprinkle it on the tuna. Roll the wrap and cut in half.
Repeat these steps for the other wrap and your wraps are ready to serve.
Tuna wrap ingredient options
With some simple additions, you can make this wrap even better. Think about adding the following ingredient:
- Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes – thinly slice the tomatoes and put them on the tuna
- Avocado – tuna, and avocado are a great combination so add slices of avocado or guacamole on this wrap. You will love it.
- Hummus – substitute cream cheese for hummus another great combination with tuna
- Sun-dried tomatoes – if you want a wrap with a bite you need these sun-dried tomatoes
- Sweet red peppers – thinly slice a sweet red pepper using a mandolin slicer
- Refried beans – a great base to put on your wraps
Make tuna wrap ahead
Can you make this tuna wrap dish the night before? Yes, you can. Just wrap them up tight and put them in foil.
Store them in the fridge and take them along the next day. You can’t store these in the freezer as they contain lettuce which doesn’t freeze well.
Other wrap recipes
Wrap recipes are amazing and fortunately, we have a lot of wrap recipes to share with you. Take a look at this selection:
- Smoked salmon wrap
- Vegan wrap
- Marinated chicken wraps
- Avocado salmon wrap
- Chicken salad wrap
- BLT wrap
- Chicken caesar wrap
Have fun with this easy tuna wrap recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for another amazing wrap recipe? Try these fresh sliced tuna wraps. No mayonnaise or tuna salad but fresh tuna and done in no time.
- 2 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Cream cheese
- 100 gram fresh sliced tuna
- Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce
- 1/2 red onion
- Take a tortilla and spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on the tortilla
- Put 3-4 lettuce leaves on top of the cream cheese
- Then add half of the sliced tuna on the lettuce
- Finish with finely sliced red onion
- Roll the wrap and cut in half
- Repeat for the other wrap
- Ready to serve
Use fresh tuna and slice in thin slices, smoked tuna or marinated tuna
Calories: 191; Fats: 8.2g; Carbs: 13.5g; Protein: 15.5g;