Turkey pinwheels with ranch seasoning and tortillas is a super easy snack recipe that tastes amazing!
You only need is a few ingredients and a refrigerator. This is very important when you make these easy turkey roll-ups. Want to learn how to make turkey pinwheels from scratch? Let’s get started!
Tortilla pinwheels come in many different varieties. Today you will see two versions but you can easily make a million versions by adding or subtracting ingredients you like and don’t like.
This is a great recipe to prepare in advance like the day before a party. As long as you store the turkey roll-ups in the refrigerator you are good to go.
Storing the pinwheels overnight in the fridge gives the pinwheels time to absorb all the delicious flavors of the homemade ranch seasoning.
The base for pinwheels is always the same which is a big flour tortilla. You can buy them in the store or make them yourself.
If you have a big party and want to make this recipe I suggest you buy the burrito size tortillas but if you have time make some flour tortillas yourself.
They will make these turkey pinwheels taste extra special.
Turkey pinwheels ingredients
To make turkey pinwheels you need a number of ingredients. Be certain to have the following ingredients ready when you start:
- Burrito size tortillas so extra big tortillas
- Cream cheese
- Oven-baked streaky bacon
- Serrano ham
- Turkey slices
- Ranch seasoning mix
For the ranch seasoning, you can buy it in a packet but in this recipe, I used my homemade ranch seasoning recipe.
You can make it in literally a matter of seconds.
How to make turkey pinwheels
Making turkey pinwheels at home is really easy. First, you start with the ranch seasoning mix. If you make it yourself put it in a bowl and mix it with a spoon.
Then take the cream cheese, stir the ranch seasoning thoroughly through the cream cheese and set it aside.
Now it is time to preheat a skillet and bake the bacon. Cut the bacon into small bits. If you have oven-baked streaky bacon just cut in into small strips.
Then take a burrito sized tortilla. These 12-inch burrito tortillas are the biggest tortillas you can find or make them yourself.
Put about two tablespoons of cream cheese on the tortilla and spread it with the spoon.
Then sprinkle the bacon bits on the tortilla. Cover with the slices of turkey and top with shredded cheese. Roll up the tortilla tightly.
For the second tortilla repeat the cream cheese and bacon routine. Add the shredded cheese on top and then cover with the slices of serrano ham.
Again roll up tightly. If needed you can put a little toothpick or skewer in the tortilla so the tortilla will stick together.
Then put the two tortillas in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so it can firm up before serving.
Now take the tortilla rolls out of the fridge and cut the ends of the tortillas. Slice the tortilla into 1-inch thick slices and you can serve your turkey roll-ups.
Can you make tortilla pinwheels the night before?
You can make tortilla roll-ups ahead of time. Just take a look at the ingredients that you use as some doe not store well.
Ingredients like lettuce, vegetables that contain a lot of water like tomatoes can make pinwheels soggy so beware when you want to prepare in advance.
Can you freeze pinwheels?
The answer to this question is easy. Yes, you can freeze pinwheels as long as they do not contain any type of lettuce as these will wilt when you thaw the pinwheels.
You can keep the pinwheel in the freezer for up to 3 months. Store them in a freezer friendly airtight container.
Other tortilla pinwheels options
As mentioned above you have so many options to make pinwheels. To name a few:
- Vegetarian – do not want any meat in your pinwheels no problem. Add some tapenade to your tortilla. For some crunch use corn. Roll up tightly et voila. Or make some pinwheels with cream cheese and lots of veggies.
- Tomato salsa – another great option is to use roasted tomato salsa which is naturally sweet
- Vegan – want to make it vegan and not use cream cheese try this vegan cheese as a base and put some avocado on top with some sun-dried tomatoes and olives. A killer combination
- Fish – cream cheese and salmon are a wonderful combination so remove the meat and add smoked salmon.
- Other meats – you can use basically all cut meats like salami, chorizo or regular ham
More pinwheel recipes
If you like these turkey ranch pinwheels you will definitely love these recipes below. Just take a look:
- Tapenade prosciutto pinwheels – made with puff pastry, tapenade and prosciutto ham
- Cream cheese pinwheels – a great vegetarian option
- Mexican pinwheels – vegan roll-ups with a bite
See how to make turkey pinwheels
Want to see how to make the best turkey pinwheels with ranch and tortillas? You can watch the step by step instruction video so you can follow along.
The video will show you how easy it is to make these turkey pinwheels.
Have fun with this easy turkey pinwheels recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for an easy turkey pinwheels recipe? These turkey roll ups are made with ranch seasoning and big tortillas. This tortilla snack is great for parties
- 2 burrito tortillas
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices of serrano ham
- 6 strips ovenbaked streaky Bacon
- 125 g cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Ranch mix:
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ranch mix ingredients and stir through the cream cheese
- Cut the oven baked bacon in small bits
- Take a tortilla and spread about 2 tbsp of cream cheese on it. Sprinkle the cuts of bacon on the tortilla
- Cover with slices of turkey breast and add half of the shredded cheese
- Roll up tight and set aside
- Repeat the cream cheese and bacon on the second tortilla. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the tortilla and cover with the serrano ham
- Roll the tortilla up tightly to keep it in shape. If necessary put a small skewer in the rolled up tortilla
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to an hour to let it firm up
- Cut of the ends and then cut into 1 inch slices
Serves: 24; Calories: 115; Fat: 6.6g; Carbs: 7.5g; Protein: 6.6g