Life is better with a dip!
And what a dip we are making today. Tyrosalata is whipped up in a matter of minutes so what are you waiting for? Get those ingredients and put it together. So are you ready to learn how to make whipped feta dip? Let’s get started!
This is such a versatile spread. You can serve it as a dip, you can use it as a butter on toast. But you can also use it in your pasta sauce.
It is a cheesy sauce made with feta and ricotta as the base. Ricotta is a creamy smooth ingredient but you can substitute the ricotta for Greek yogurt.
When you make a dip you need something to dip it with. You have so many options:
Make this recipe and add it to all your recipes. You will be surprised how much better everything tastes.
Whipped feta dip ingredients
To make this dip recipe you need a number of ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- Ricotta cheese
- Dried parsley
- Dried oregano
- Garlic, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
How to make Greek whipped feta dip
You can make this recipe in a food processor, immersion blender or make it in a bowl with a spoon.
I used the latter to make this dip. Mince the garlic and set aside. Add the feta, ricotta, mayonnaise, and garlic in a bowl.
Stir the ingredients to combine until very smooth. Then add all the dried herbs like the dill, parsley, oregano, and black pepper.
Stir through to combine all the herbs. Finally, add the olive oil and stir until all it is incorporated.
Taste and season with more pepper and salt if desired.
Make a silkier dip
If you want to get a silkier sauce you can pass the dip through a fine-mesh strainer.
Store tyrosalata whipped feta
You can store this recipe in the fridge in an airtight container. You can keep it in the fridge for a couple of days.
Other sauce and dips
If you like this dip recipe you will definitely love these dips and sauces:
- Brava sauce – great sauce for your patatas bravas
- Caesar dressing – the best dressing for your caesar salad
- Nacho dip – vegan dip for nachos
- Melitzanosalata – tasty Greek eggplant dip
- Tzatziki sauce – Greek garlic dip sauce
- Hummus – smooth soft dip made with chickpeas
- Red pepper hummus – hummus made with red peppers
- Roasted tomato salsa – the best-roasted tomato salsa
- Ranch dressing – a sauce made with ranch seasoning
- Guacamole – the easiest guacamole made from avocado
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Tyrosalata is a Greek whipped feta dip. It is a great dip that you can serve with bread, crackers but also with raw vegetables. Try it!
- 200 g of Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoons of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoons of chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons of Greek olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- Mince the garlic and set aside. Add the feta, ricotta, mayonnaise, and garlic in a bowl
- Stir the ingredients to combine until very smooth. Then add all the dried herbs like the dill, parsley, oregano, and black pepper
- Stir through to combine all the herbs. Finally, add the olive oil and stir until all it is incorporated
- Taste and season with more pepper and salt if desired
You can make this recipe in a food processor, immersion blender or make it in a bowl with a spoon
Calories: 92; Fat: 9g; Carbs: 2g; Protein: 4g;