The ultimate vegan nachos with lentils is a simple snack or a starter.
When you want something warm and ready in minutes but not bread or salad. I’m sure that when you try these you can’t resist. So are you ready to make this nachos with lentils recipe? Let’s get started!
The main reason why I love nachos is it is comfort food. You can keep on eating until the plate is clean.
Well after a big plate of nachos I am usually full with no room for a big dinner. Probably caused by the meat and the rich oil-based sauces on the nachos.
So why not try some nachos that are not that rich in calories and sauces but still with the eat on factor and delicious?
Vegan nachos ingredients
To make vegan nachos doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Your shopping list contains:
How to make vegan lentils nachos
You need good tasting tortilla chips. You can make them yourself but can also buy so low-fat ones in the store like I did today.
Vegan nachos have lentils as the perfect minced meat replacement. What is so nice about lentils is they have a great bite.
They also look very similar to minced meat which for me improves the eat on factor.
It contains no oil, no dairy but is spicy and smooth and totally yummy.
Lastly, you have got to have guacamole with your nachos else it is not nachos so that is also included in this recipe.
This recipe takes only a couple of minutes to prepare especially if you have salsa made ahead of time.
Everybody needs some roasted spicy tomato salsa in the freezer or fridge for emergency recipes like this (you will thank me later I promise).
Other recipes that you can use with nachos
This recipe shows that you use even more dips and sauces for some great nachos:
- Delicious healthy guacamole
- Smooth spicy roasted tomato salsa
- Vegan nacho dip sauce
- Homemade restaurant style salsa
See how to make the ultimate vegan lentils nachos
See how you can make the ultimate vegan lentils nachos? Watch the instruction video:
I hope you enjoyed how you can easily make this nachos recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
The ultimate vegan lentils nachos are easy to make include tortilla chips, lentils, salsa and nacho dip. Yum and ready in a flash. Lets get started!
- ½ bag of tortilla chips
- 1 cup of roasted spicy tomato salsa
- 1 cup of guacamole
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 cup of nacho dip
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped for decoration
- Pre heat the oven 350℉
- Take a skillet and add a handful of tortilla chips as the first layer
- Add two tbsp. of lentils, then add two or three tbsp of salsa spread across the tortilla chips
- Now add two to three tbsp. of nacho dip
- Then repeat the layering of the tortilla chips, lentils, salsa and nacho dip
- Add some finely chopped jalapeno
- Warm in the oven for ten minutes
- Take out of the oven and drizzle some more nacho dip and 4 to 5 tbsp of guacamole
- Ready to serve
Calories: 612; Fat: 2.3g; Carbs: 100.2g; Protein: 13.6g;