Enchiladas loaded with vegetables are the best. This vegan enchiladas is a truly delicious dinner recipe. Whether you are vegan or not, it does not get any better than this with super easy enchiladas. Prepare the veggies, fill your tortillas, wrap it up and cover with the best sauce. So are you ready to learn how you can make this vegan enchiladas recipe? Lets get started!
If you still think that vegan recipes are unexciting or have lack of bite think again. Here you can find lots of vegan recipes that everybody should try and this vegetable enchilada is a great example of that.
Because it has enough variety with a large amount of vegetables in this recipe and with this enchilada sauce everybody will love these enchiladas even more.
The enchilada sauce is what makes this easy enchilada the best you will ever try. What makes it even better is you can add all your favorite vegetables to it and make this recipe your own.
Now all you have to do is let the oven do all the hard work and you will have delicious vegan enchiladas on the table in less than 45 minutes!
Vegan enchiladas ingredients
If you want to make this easy vegan enchiladas recipe you need the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Small tortillas
- Kidney beans
- Red bell pepper
- Homemade vegan enchilada sauce
- Avocado sliced to decorate
- Olive oil
How to make vegan enchiladas
First you have to finely dice all the vegetables before you heat a skillet with olive oil. Sauté the onions and bell peppers until they are soft and translucent.
Then add the garlic and the mushrooms to the skillet and stir them well. Keep stirring until they are soft and translucent as well.
Now it is time for the kidney beans and a bit of homemade enchilada sauce like a couple tablespoons. Stir and add water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and take the skillet of the heat source.
Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃. Fill one small tortilla with a tablespoon of enchilada sauce and 2 tablespoons of vegetable filling. Roll the tortilla and put in a oven dish.
Repeat all these steps for the remaining 5 tortillas and put them in the oven dish. Now cover the enchiladas with enchilada sauce and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes
Take the oven dish out the oven and sprinkle with chives. Then dice the avocado and put on top of the enchilada. Serve immediately.
Below you can find a number of vegetables that you can add to this recipe and make it even healthier. So try these vegetables:
- Carrots – slice them very fine or Julienne and sauté them with the other vegetables
- Lentils – red lentils have a great bite. Half the amount of kidney beans and replace with red lentils
- Green or Yellow bell peppers – if you want so more color and taste just finely slice these bell peppers
- Scallion – scallion can be used in the vegetable mix and on top to decorate your dish
- Leeks – adds a nice sharpness to your recipe. Make sure you wash the leek properly to remove all the sand before finely slicing the leek. Then sauté with the other vegetables
- Sun dried tomatoes – to give your recipe that extra bite then add some sun dried tomatoes.
Other vegan recipes
If you like this vegan recipe then I am sure you will love these vegan recipes. So take a look at:
- Easy vegan fajitas
- Vegan turkish bread sandwich
- Summer vegetable salad
- Healthy vegan tortilla soup
- How to make easy vegan tortilla pizza
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and have fun making this vegan enchiladas recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Looking for the best vegan enchiladas? Look no further this recipe has got it all. Enchiladas with lots of veggies, bite and yummy homemade enchilada sauce.
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups homemade vegan enchilada sauce
- 1 avocado sliced to decorate
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat a skillet with olive oil and sauté the onion and bell peppers until soft. Add the garlic and the mushrooms. Stir until all are soft and translucent
- Now add the kidney beans and add some home made chili sauce. Stir and add water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Take of the heat source
- Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃ and take a oven dish. Fill a tortilla with a tbsp enchilada sauce and 2 tbsp vegetable filling. Roll the tortilla and put in the oven dish
- Repeat for the remaining 5 tortillas.
- Cover with enchilada sauce and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes
- Take out the oven and sprinkle with chives
- slice the avocado and serve
Calories: 666; Fat: 28g; Carbs: 91g; Protein: 24g;