Vegan lentil mushroom curry tastes so good with tortilla, naan or flatbread. It is done in less than 30 minutes and with lentils you do not miss meat at all. So are you ready to learn how you can make this vegan lentil curry? Lets get started!
Curries taste so good with any kind of bread. To be able to dip it in that curry sauce you do not need anything else really.
You can eat curry with any type of flatbread like:
- Soft vegan flatbread – made with non dairy milk you get soft tasty flatbread
- Naan bread – A personal favorite
- Yufka – another soft vegan tortilla flatbread that goes perfectly with curry
- Paratha – make it with avocado and you have a tasty flatbread
I love to eat curry with naan bread. This naan bread recipe is vegetarian as it contain Greek yoghurt but substitute for vegan yoghurt and you will get the same result.
Cooking with lentils is a great substitute for meat or meat replacement as it has a lot of nutritional values and it has a great bite.
Lentil curry ingredients
To make this lentil curry recipe you need an extensive grocery list. Do not let that scare you because it is a very easy recipe. You need following ingredients:
- Bell pepper
- Red curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
How to make vegan lentil mushroom curry
Follow along and you will see how easy this recipe is. It only takes a couple of steps and you have a fresh vegan curry on the table.
This recipe starts with the olive oil in a hot skillet to pan fry the bell peppers. Then add the onion and the minced garlic.
Stir it round the pan until it all of the vegetables go soft. Then on to the ginger and the mushrooms. Make sure the mushrooms are also soft before you add the lentils.
Stir until the lentils are warm which is really fast before adding your favorite curry paste. This recipe uses Thai red curry paste but you can use yellow or green curry as well.
Add water and bring to a simmer. Now it is time for the coconut milk. Stir and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
Spoon it in a bowl and finely slice your scallions to decorate your vegan lentil curry. Serve with your favorite flatbread and you are ready to rock and roll.
Other side dishes
- Basmati rice – rice and curry are a great combination. Basmati is a fragrant rice so it add to the taste of the curry.
- Savory roti with dahl – is a great flatbread. Soft and chewy you can add some potato to it and eat it with your hands. Yes really. Give it a try you will love it.
- Soft flatbread – just like roti, a flatbread is a great side dish for this vegan lentil curry.
- Flour tortilla – obviously tortilla goes together with just about anything and it goes great with a curry.
More curry recipes
If you love a good curry take a look at these recipes:
- Yummy yellow chickpea curry – another great vegan curry recipe with chickpeas and snow peas
- Spicy Thai red (chicken) curry – a great recipe for all non vegans. If you are vegan just remove the chicken and add some tofu or tempeh
- Green curry – with broccoli and peas for a tasty green curry recipe
See how to make vegan lentil curry
Want to see how you can make vegan lentil curry recipe? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun making this vegan lentil mushroom curry recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Vegan lentil mushroom curry tastes so good with tortilla or naan or flatbread. It is done in less than 30 minutes and with lentils you do not miss meat at all. Lets get started!
- 1 can of lentils
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 diced onion
- 1 red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbsp Red curry paste
- 20 ml coconut milk
- 1 Spring onion diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a hot skillet. Pan fry the bell peppers, onion and the minced garlic until soft
- Add the ginger and the mushrooms
- Then add the lentils and stir
- Add curry paste and water. Bring to a simmer
- Then it is time for the coconut milk. Stir again and let it simmer for about 20 minutes
- Spoon it in a bowl, decorate with Spring onion and serve with your favorite flatbread or naan bread
Calories: 484; Fat: 22.6g; Carbs: 52.1g; Protein: 18.7g;