Vegan lentil mushroom curry tastes so good with tortilla or naan or flatbread. It is done in less than 30 minutes and with lentils you do not miss meat at all. So are you ready to learn how you can make this vegan lentil mushroom curry? Lets get started!
Curries are so good with any kind of bread. To be able to dip it in that curry sauce you do not need anything else really. I love to eat a curry with naan bread. This naan bread recipe is not vegan as it contain Greek yoghurt but substitute for vegan yoghurt and you will get the same result.
I have cooked with lentils many times before because it is such a great meat replacement and has a great bite to it.
How to make vegan lentil mushroom curry
For this recipe need an extensive grocery list. The following ingredients are needed:
- Bell pepper
- Red curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
This recipe starts with the olive oil in a hot skillet to pan fry the bell peppers then the onion and the minced garlic. Stir it round the pan until it all of the vegetables go soft. Then on to the ginger and the mushrooms.
Make sure the mushrooms are also soft before you add the lentils. Stir until the lentils are warm which is really fast before adding your favorite curry paste. I love Thai red curry paste so that is what I’m using.
Add water and bring to a simmer. Now it is time for the coconut milk. Stir and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Spoon it in a bowl and cut your Spring onion in small slices to decorate your curry. Serve with your favorite flatbread and you are ready to rock and roll.
Other side dishes
- Basmati rice – rice and curry are a great combination. Basmati is a fragrant rice so it add to the taste of the curry.
- Savory roti with dahl – is a great flatbread. Soft and chewy you can add some potato to it and eat it with your hands. Yes really. Give it a try you will love it.
- Soft flatbread – just like roti a flatbread is a great side dish for this vegan lentil mushroom curry.
- Flour tortilla – obviously tortilla goes together with just about anything and it goes great with a curry.
More curry recipes
- Yummy yellow chickpea curry
- Spicy Thai red (chicken) curry for all non vegans – if you are vegan just remove the chicken and add some tofu
See how to make Vegan lentil mushroom curry
Want to see how you can make vegan lentil mushroom curry? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun making this vegan lentil mushroom curry recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it to Pinterest.
Vegan lentil mushroom curry tastes so good with tortilla or naan or flatbread. It is done in less than 30 minutes and with lentils you do not miss meat at all. Lets get started!
- 1 can of lentils
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 diced onion
- 1 red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbsp Red curry paste
- 20 ml coconut milk
- 1 Spring onion diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Heat olive oil in a hot skillet. Pan fry the bell peppers, onion and the minced garlic until soft
Add the ginger and the mushrooms
Then add the lentils and stir
Add curry paste and water. Bring to a simmer
Then it is time for the coconut milk. Stir again and let it simmer for about 20 minutes
Spoon it in a bowl, decorate with Spring onion and serve with your favorite flatbread or naan bread