Vegan red lentil tortillas is a great recipe. When you need to eat gluten-free and are looking for options or you want to try a different kind of vegan taco recipe.
They are quite easy to make and delicious. So are you ready to learn how you can make lentil tortillas? Let’s get started!
Lentils are such a versatile ingredient. If you do not want to eat meat you can eat lentils as a substitute.
If you do not want to eat regular flour you can use lentils as a replacement.
This lentil recipe shows how versatile lentils really are. This recipe used dried lentils but you can also use canned lentils.
Lentil tortillas are vegan and gluten-free. In this recipe, red lentils are used but if you have gray/green lentils they will work just as well.
Vegan red lentil tortillas ingredients
From all of the recipes on the Tortilla Channel, this is another one that only contains three ingredients. To make lentil tortillas you need:
- Red (dry) lentils
- Baking product (optional)
How to make vegan red lentil tortillas
When you use dried lentils they need to be softened in water. You can put in water and leave the lentils overnight.
They will be soft. If you haven’t time to leave them overnight but them in a bowl and let them sit for 3 hours.
You do not have to cook the lentils. I’m sure you can also cook the lentils to soften them. This usually takes about an hour.
If you do cook them let them cool before you take the next step. Take a food processor or powerful blender.
Put the lentils and remaining water in the food processor and let it blend for a couple of minutes. You will get a salmon-colored batter.
Usually, the top half will be foam and the remaining half is liquid. Stir the foam through the liquid. At this point add salt to taste and stir the lentil batter.
It should be as thick as pancake batter. Now heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Make sure your pan is not too hot.
You can use a little bit of oil or baking product but in a good nonstick pan, you can do without.
Pour the batter in the pan and let it set. Be patient and let the tortilla dry. When it is dry you can flip the tortilla and bake the other side.
Keep warm in a clean kitchen towel and you are ready to serve.
Other lentil recipes
If you like these vegan red lentil tortillas you will love these recipes all containing lentils. Give them a try.
- The ultimate vegan lentil nachos
- Healthy bean tortilla soup
- Vegan Lentil Chili stew burrito
- Vegan lentil mushroom curry
Store vegan red lentil tortillas
You can store these tortillas in the refrigerator for a couple of days or freeze them using a plastic bag.
Defrost before using and heat them in a nonstick pan on medium heat.
See how you can make vegan red lentil tortillas
Want to see how you can make red lentil tortillas? Watch the instruction video below to follow along:
Have fun with this vegan red lentil tortillas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Vegan red lentil tortillas. Great vegan and gluten free tortilla recipe that you can make yourself with only 3 ingredients.
- ¾ cup dry lentils
- 1½ cup warm water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Oil or baking product (optional)
- Put lentils and water in a bowl and leave for at least 3 hours to soften
- Put the lentils and remaining water in the foodprocessor and let it blend for a couple of minutes
- Then add the salt to the salmon colored batter. Should be as thick as pancake batter
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Make sure your pan is not to hot
- Use a little bit of oil or baking product (optional)
- Pour the batter in the pan and let it set. Be patient and let the tortilla dry. When the batter is dry you can flip the tortilla and bake the other side
- Keep warm in a clean kitchen towel and you are ready to serve
Calories: 112; Fat: 4.7g; Carbs: 12.4g; Protein: 5.3g;