Vegan yogurt blueberry muffins in less than 25 minutes are such a sweet treat. Without any processed sugar and non dairy. This is really an easy recipe but so delicious. What I like best is how moist these muffins are. So are you ready to learn how you can make vegan yogurt blueberry muffins in less than 25 minutes? Lets get started!
Muffins, cupcakes or bites they are definitely part of my favorite recipe. I’m not a sweet tooth at heart but these muffins I love. Today I’m making muffins with vegan yogurt which is a great ingredient to cook with. So even if you are vegan or dairy intolerant you can still enjoy these great muffins.
Vegan yogurt blueberry muffin ingredients
I always try to keep my recipes simple. If it contains to many ingredients it usually becomes way to complicated. So I have the following ingredients on my shopping list:
- Spelt flour (you can sub it with wheat flower or oatmeal flour)
- Baking powder
- Agave syrup
- Dairy free yogurt (I used natural dairy free yogurt)
- Apple sauce
- Almond milk
I like spelt flour as it give the end result of your baking so much more texture and flavor. If you do not have spelt flour but have some plain oatmeal put it in a food processor and blend until flour.
How to make vegan yogurt blueberry muffins in less than 25 minutes
First start by combining the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set it aside. Then mix the wet ingredients in another bowl and combine the yogurt, syrup, apple sauce and almond milk together. You can choose any type of non-dairy milk you desire like oat milk or coconut milk (the one in a carton not in a can that is way too thick).
Pour the wet ingredients on the dry ingredients and really stir well into a consistent batter but do not over mix. Small lumps are fine. Then fold the blueberries through the batter.
Pre heat the oven at 350℉/175℃. Take a muffin pan and either put in paper cupcake holders or spray the pan with cooking spray. Scoop the batter in the muffin pan. I usually take an ice scoop for this task. This recipe yields approximately 12 muffins so divide the batter in the pan.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the top is golden and slightly crisp but still soft. Check at 17 minutes with a toothpick when it comes out clean the muffins are done else leave them a little longer. Do not overcook as your muffins will lose the moisture.
Take them out of the oven and let cool first before taking them out of the muffin pan and serve.
Other muffin recipes
Two of my most popular posts on the Tortilla Channel are actually muffin recipes like these:
- Vegan protein banana chocolate muffins – these muffins are made without butter and no eggs but with flaxseed
- Vegan banana raspberry muffins muffins made with aquafaba to get a really fluffy and moist muffin no eggs required in these muffins
- Vegan chocolate chip banana muffins this muffin recipe is not my own but made by the talented Tully Zander from vegansfirst.com. She is showing that you do not need any dairy or eggs to make a delicious muffin.
If you do not want to use or have certain ingredients you can swap a number of them:
- Stevia – if you do not have or want to use stevia you can substitute it with regular sugar. For every teaspoon of stevia you calculate 200 grams of sugar. You can also substitute the stevia with coconut sugar. This is less sweet but has a really nice flavor. Keep the same measurements and taste the batter. If the batter is not sweet enough for you add some more (coconut) sugar
- Agave syrup – if you do not have agave syrup you can use maple syrup or sugar syrup instead
- Dairy free yogurt – can also be substituted by dairy free quark
- Almond milk – you can use oat milk, cashew milk, coconut milk or any type of non-dairy milk that you like.
- Blueberry – want to use something else than blueberries? Try banana, raspberry, blackberries or raisins. A combination of these is also worth a try.
Have fun with this vegan yogurt blueberry muffins in less than 25 minutes recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Vegan yogurt blueberry muffins in less than 25 minutes are easy to make and super delicious. Anyone can eat these muffins whether you are vegan, lactose intolerant or none of the above. Give this recipe try.
- 1½ cup spelt or oatmeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp of stevia
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ¾ cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350℉/175℃
Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside
Mix the wet ingredients an another bowl and combine syrup, yogurt, apple sauce and almond milk
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to get a consistent batter. Fold the blueberries through the batter
Pour the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 17 -20 minutes or until the top is golden, slightly crispy but still soft. Don't overcook them or the muffins will lose the moisture and fluffy texture
Let the muffins cool a few minutes in the pan then take them out and serve
Calories: 117; Fat: 2.3g; Carbs: 12.9g; Protein: 2.5g;