I started a separate categorie called Mireille’s favorites but could in fact tag almost any of my blogposts to this category because this recipe is another favorite. This curry contains no meat, no dairy, no poultry and no fish only plant based ingredients. I have combined it with my favorite soft vegan flatbread. But if you are not vegan or vegetarian you can easily add what every ingredient you like. As this recipe is made with chickpea you will not miss meat at all though. So ready to try this yummy yellow chickpea curry? Lets get started!
As you may know I like to make easy to make and to follow recipes and this yummy yellow chickpea curry is one of them. I bought the yellow vegetable curry paste in my favorite toko. This one is not to spicy and I have added a number of vegetables like:
- boiled sweet potatoes
- snow peas
- yellow bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- spring onion
Add some coconut milk and you have all of your ingredients for this recipe. Just sauté the vegetables in your favorite skillet starting with the bell peppers, onion and garlic. Then add the sweet potatoes. Now it is time of the yellow curry paste and some water.
Then the chickpeas and the snow peas and finally the coconut milk. Let it simmer for about ten of minutes and you are ready to go. I served the curry with soft vegan flatbread which I warmed in the oven.
Other yummy curry recipes
If you like this yellow chickpea curry take a look at these other curry recipes. You will love them as well:
- Lentil mushroom curry – This is a very delicious curry you will not miss meat in this recipe
- Thai green curry – a delicious curry made with broccoli and mushrooms
- Spicy Thai red chicken curry – If you are vegan just leave out the chicken. Serve with Jasmin rice so delicious.
Flatbreads for curry
You can eat this curry with the following easy to make flatbreads, tortilla or roti:
How to make yummy yellow chickpea curry
Want to know how you can make this yummy yellow chickpea curry? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video:
I hope you enjoyed this yummy yellow chickpea curry recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram.
I love comments so let me know what you think about this recipe in the comment box below.
This curry contains no meat, no dairy, no poultry and no fish only plant based ingredients. Yummy yellow chickpea curry. Easy to make so lets get started
- 1 cup of boiled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of yellow curry paste
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 spring onions finely diced
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil like sunflower oil
- 2 soft vegan flatbreads
- Clean vegetables and boil the sweet potato for about 8 minutes
- Heat your skillet and add vegetable oil
- Pre heat your oven at 300 ℉ and wrap the flatbread in aluminium foil for 10 minutes
- Sauté all the vegetables bell pepper, onion, garlic, sweet potato
- Add the yellow curry paste and add some water
- Now add the snow peas and the chickpeas
- Add the cococut milk and add some water
- Let is simmer for about 10 minutes
- Serve with the flatbread or rice
Calories: 454; Fat: 16.4g; Carbs: 67.3g; Protein: 11.7g;