This chickpea curry with sweet potato is made with yellow curry paste. Serve with soft vegan flatbread and you have an amazing meal.
This curry is a little bit spicy but with a lot of bite. As this recipe is made with chickpeas you will not miss meat at all. So are you ready how to make this yellow chickpea curry? Let’s get started!
As you may know, I a big fan of easy to make recipes that anyone can follow along. This yummy yellow chickpea curry is one of them.
This curry contains no meat, no dairy, no poultry, and no fish. It is 100% plant-based ingredients.
But for all you meat lover out there give this recipe a try because you will not miss meat at all. Serve with jasmine rice or soft vegan flatbread.
But if you are not vegan or vegetarian you can easily add what every ingredient you like.
Yellow chickpea curry
To make this recipe get your favorite yellow vegetable curry paste. I buy mine in my favorite Asian supermarket.
This curry is not too spicy make certain you have the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Sweet potatoes
- Snow peas
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Curry paste
- Coconut milk
How to make chickpea curry
Start this recipe cleaning all the vegetables with water. Peel sweet potato and chop in small pieces. Then boil the sweet potato for about 8 minutes.
Heat your skillet and add vegetable oil to the pan. When the oil is hot add all the vegetables to the pan. Start with the bell pepper, onion, garlic then the sweet potato.
Sauté for 5 minutes before you add the yellow curry paste and stir. Then add some water. Now add the snow peas and finally the chickpeas.
Let the chickpeas and snow peas warm and pour the coconut milk in the skillet. Simmer the curry for about 10 minutes.
Preheat your oven at 300℉/150℃ and wrap the flatbread in aluminum foil. Warm for 10 minutes.
Your vegan curry is ready to serve with the flatbread or rice.
Other yummy curry recipes
If you like this yellow chickpea curry take a look at these other curry recipes. You will love them as well:
- Lentil mushroom curry – This is a very delicious curry you will not miss any meat in this recipe
- Thai green curry – a delicious curry made with broccoli and mushrooms
- Spicy Thai red chicken curry – If you are vegan just leave out the chicken. Serve with Jasmin rice so delicious.
Flatbreads for curry
You can eat this curry with the following easy to make flatbreads, tortilla or roti:
See how to make yellow chickpea curry
Want to know how you can make this vegan chickpea curry? Watch the instruction video below to follow along:
I hope you enjoyed this yummy yellow chickpea curry recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
I love comments so let me know what you think about this recipe in the comment box below.
This curry contains no meat, no dairy, no poultry and no fish only plant based ingredients. Yummy yellow chickpea curry. Easy to make so lets get started
- 1 cup of boiled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of yellow curry paste
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 spring onions finely diced
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil like sunflower oil
- 2 soft vegan flatbreads
- Clean vegetables and boil the sweet potato for about 8 minutes
- Heat your skillet and add vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven at 300 ℉ and wrap the flatbread in aluminum foil for 10 minutes
- Sauté the bell pepper, onion, garlic, sweet potato
- Add the yellow curry paste and add some water
- Now add the snow peas and the chickpeas
- Add the coconut milk and add some water
- Let is simmer for about 10 minutes
- Serve with the flatbread or rice
Calories: 454; Fat: 16.4g; Carbs: 67.3g; Protein: 11.7g;